Pitlochry and Moulin Community Council Minutes (12/04/2021)

PITLOCHRY AND MOULIN COMMUNITY COUNCIL

Note of virtual meeting held on April 12th 2021 1. Present: Jim Laurenson (Chairman),Andrew Holmes (Secretary), Isobel Millar (Treasurer), Dave Roy, Susan Campbell, Bruce Patterson. PKC Councillors Xander McDade, John Duff. Alistair Smith (Heartland Media). 12 members of the public.

Community Council contact pitlochrycommunitycouncil@gmail.com 

2. Apologies: Cllr Mike Williamson

4. Minute of virtual meeting of 8th March 2021: Accepted as a correct record.

5. Matters arising: item 7.SSE had confirmed that the Dam walkway would re-open post Covid. 

6. Chairman`s Report. No items.

7. Secretary`s report: E-mail from Hourglass Scotland providing support services for older people asking for an opportunity to present to the CC. Agreed to invite to next meeting. CC organising collection for retiral of Dr McHugh. Donations to Davidson`s Chemist by 26th. Forest and Land Scotland consulting on plans for Fonab forest. Secretary to draft response for circulation.

8. Treasurer`s report: Tartan Account £4194, Treasurer`s £1077 including money (£715) held for the Town Hall group.

9. Environment Report: Still chasing missing sign on Bridge Road and pothole repairs.

10. Planning Report; No current applications of significance. The Thai Restaurant/takeaway in the rail carriages granted consent by PKC Planning Committee.

11. Barriers on Atholl Road: Town Centre traders had asked for the Atholl Road barriers to be removed prior to 26 April re-opening. The Covid support Group and CC members wished them to remain until social distancing requirements were lifted. Points made included the loss of town centre parking, appearance of the barriers, difficult trading conditions, expected influx of visitors from across Scotland, the difficulties of maintaining social distancing on crowded narrow pavements and the restrictions caused by A-Boards, banners etc. 

It was agreed to try and seek a compromise through a site meeting chaired by Councillor Duff attended by traders, CC members and the public to be organised by CC Chairman.

12. Pitlochry Allotments update: From the list of sites put forward PKC had now identified two possibilities in the Finlay Terrace area and would consult with local residents. Pitlochry Estates had been approached but were not prepared to make any land available. Other landowners would be approached.

13. Town Centre Regeneration: Cllr Williamson had held a virtual meeting with people interested in supporting a Pitlochry Community Action Plan to identify projects and unlock funding. Secretary had followed up with a meeting with Tayside Leader on practicalities and was submitting a formal expression of interest. Further meeting to be held to discuss how a Steering Group could be formed. 

14. Councillors Reports: 7 temporary Rangers to be employed to deal with visitor issues over the summer. Etape now scheduled for 19 September. Business Rate Relief for 21/22 available on application. Mobile Covid test unit now across Highland Perthshire and in Atholl Road Carpark on Mondays.

15. AOCB: Drivers wanted for Community Minibus, contact Linda Moyes472425. Dog waste problems around Port-na Craig, bag it and bin it.

16: DONM May 10th 19.30

Scroll to Top