Residents in Highland Perthshire are being urged to check their eligibility status for their coronavirus vaccine booster and where possible, book a combined appointment online to receive both the booster and flu vaccine in one appointment.
For those eligible for a flu vaccine, combined appointments can be made at which you would receive your flu vaccine and COVID booster, one vaccine in each arm. This is just as effective as receiving the vaccines at different times.
The criteria to book their combined flu & coronavirus appointment online is:
- Adults aged 50-59
- Unpaid carers
- Adults aged 16 years or over who live with someone with a severely weakened immune system.
- Frontline Health & Social care workers.
- NHS independent contractors including GP, dental and optometry practices, community pharmacists and laboratory staff (working on coronavirus testing) and support staff.
For booster doses only, the following groups can book online:
- Adults aged 40-49 years
- Frontline funeral operatives
For the flu vaccine, the following groups can book online:
- Young carers
- Nursey, Primary, and Secondary school teachers and pupil facing support staff in both a Local Authority and Independent setting.
- Prison Officers and support staff who deliver front-facing detention services.
NHS Scotland recommend that you book your coronavirus booster vaccine 24 weeks following your second vaccination.
To book your vaccine, please visit: https://vacs.nhs.scot/csp
If you have not logged in before or don’t know your username or password, those can be emailed to you through the NHS recovery options.
If you are showing symptoms of COVID 19, are self-isolating or awaiting the results of a PCR test result, you should reschedule your appointment online. If you have tested positive, tests should be scheduled for at least 4 weeks after the date you tested positive.
Whilst appointments are easily booked online, a national vaccination helpline can be contacted from 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week at 0800 030 8013.
For more information, please visit: https://www.nhsinform.scot/vaccinebooking