At last Friday’s NHS Tayside staff recognition awards, an additional award dedicated to all NHS Tayside staff was presented by the Chair Chief Executive and Employee Director.
The special award recognises the care and compassion shown by all members of the team during the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic and thanks them for everything they do for the people of Tayside.
NHS Tayside Chair Lorna Birse-Stewart introduced the award saying: “The past two years have been extremely challenging for everyone and on behalf of the Board, I would like to personally thank all of our staff for their outstanding efforts throughout the pandemic.
“This was, and continues to be, an unprecedented time for healthcare teams and all of our staff have shown incredible dedication and commitment throughout this time.
“Our staff have been a shining example of the work that is carried out in Tayside every day and I am glad the STAR awards give us the opportunity to congratulate not just our finalists, but also give us the chance to recognise and sincerely thank each and every member of staff across Tayside for their ongoing hard work.
“Every single person in NHS Tayside has played an integral part in our response to the COVID-19 pandemic and I am incredibly proud of you all.
“The Chief Executive and I were unanimous in our decision that this award should go to ALL staff. Thank you for everything you do.”
A video celebrating the achievements of all staff across Tayside was shared with the audience before the award was accepted on behalf of all staff by representatives from each table of finalists in the room.
Employee Director, Jenny Alexander joined the Chair and Chief Executive on stage to present the award and said, “I was delighted to present this award to all staff to recognise teams across Tayside for their incredible dedication. In addition to this beautiful award, plaques will be displayed at sites across NHS Tayside so that all staff can enjoy this recognition.”
The ceremony was attended by 200 guests with over 4,700 more watching the live stream on NHS Tayside’s Facebook page.
The complete list of award winners:
- Gold: Jenna Grant, Healthcare Support Worker, Maternity, Ninewells
- Silver: Judith Murray, Midwife, Ninewells
- Bronze: Sarah Heatley, Speech and Language Therapist, Ninewells
- Gold: Lynne Sheridan, Advanced Physiotherapy Practitioner, Pain Clinic, Ninewells
- Silver: Sandra Macmaster, Highly Specialist Clinical Physiologist, Neurophysiology, Ninewells
- Bronze: Cameron Rough, Professional & Practice Development Nurse, Ninewells
Innovation and Improvement:
- Gold: Mr Graeme Nicol and Dr David Nicoll, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeons, Ninewells
- Silver: Learning Disability Intensive Support Service, Murray Royal Hospital
- Bronze: Angus Integrated Mental Health North and South Teams
Global Citizenship Award:
- Gold: Dr Mudher Al-Khairalla, Consultant, Respiratory, Perth Royal Infirmary
- Silver: Matt Hough, Consultant, Plastic Surgery, Ninewells
- Bronze: Lorna Strachan, Occupational Therapy Team Lead, Learning Disabilities, Claverhouse
Clinical Staff Award:
- Gold: Elaine Wood, Senior Charge Nurse, Forensic Psychiatry, Murray Royal Hospital
- Silver: Emma Sullivan, Physician Associate, Respiratory, Ninewells
- Bronze: Dr Matt Lambert, Stroke Consultant, Medicine for the Elderly, Royal Victoria Hospital
Support Staff Award:
- Gold: Bronwen Hughes, Activity Coordinator, Medicine for the Elderly, Royal Victoria Hospital
- Silver: Zaneta Rejszel, Support Services Assistant, Murray Royal Hospital
- Bronze: Elaine Conway, Receptionist, CAMHS, Centre for Child Health
Clinical Team Award:
- Gold: COVID High Dependency Unit
- Silver: COVID Intensive Care Unit
- Bronze: COVID Vaccination Team
Support Team Award:
- Gold: Medical Microbiology
- Silver: Communications and Engagement Team
- Bronze: Property Department
- Gold: Donald Campbell, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Ninewells
- Silver: Carrie Todd, Staff Nurse, Cardiology, Ninewells
- Bronze: Lynne Hamilton, Public Health Vaccination Programme Director, Kings Cross