We're always on the lookout for local news relevant to the communities of Highland Perthshire.
Have you got a news story you think we should know about?

Coronavirus Support for Self Isolating in Highland Perthshire

Highland ward Councillor, Mike Williamson, is reminding people in Highland Perthshire that support is available for those who’ve been asked to take time out of work to self isolate.

The NHS may ask you to self isolate ‘if you have been informed that you are a contact of a person who has had a positive test result for coronavirus’ which means staying inside for two weeks.

Mr Williamson said: “If you are required to self-isolate at the request of NHS Test & Protect, on or after 28th September and your income is reduced as a result of you not being able to work; Then you could be eligible for SISG.”

An SISG stands for self isolation support grant which are designed to ‘assist people in receipt of low incomes to self-isolate to prevent the spread of COVID-19.’

Perth and Kinross council are offering £500 to people who are eligible for support while they take the time aside to keep their community safe.

There are a number of criteria which people are expected to make before receiving any support, for instance, only people who have been asked by the NHS to self isolate can apply for funding.

Recipients must also be employed and unable to work from home with an income which has been reduced as a result of having to isolate.

Eligibility criteria is also dependent on receiving Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit; Income-based Employment and Support Allowance; Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance; Income Support; Housing Benefit; and/or Pension Credit.

Applications and more information can be found on the PKC website: https://www.pkc.gov.uk/selfisolationsupportgrants?fbclid=IwAR0Qo-j8OcJ5LyaUc_xCjO1A3j6bJ-hF_P-Z1yeKO_n9qS8o9JR-Fq8s4aM

Alternatively, applications can be submitted over the phone on the number: 01738 476900

Scroll to Top