We're always on the lookout for local news relevant to the communities of Highland Perthshire.
Have you got a news story you think we should know about?

Financial Support Available from the Council

People in Highland Perthshire, and the rest of Perth and Kinross, can receive financial support from the Perth and Kinross Council.

They’re helping people who are ‘concerned about paying bills, covering housing costs or heating their homes’.

Perth & Kinross Council’s Depute Director of Communities, Clare Mailer, said: “The pandemic is having a significant financial impact on many of our residents through redundancy, reduced incomes, increasing heating bills or furlough. We know that many people are finding things very difficult, through no fault of their own.

“Taking the first step to ask for help can often be difficult but I would urge anyone who is struggling at the moment to contact us to see how we can help, whether it be to check you are getting all the benefits that you should be, or for advice about reducing your bills.

“A variety of valuable support is available, and our staff are here to help anyone who gets in touch. Please don’t ignore your financial problems – contact us as soon as you can.”

As part of the council’s support, they’re offering relief on: fuel debt, broadband debt that prevents people getting online, difficulty meeting the essential needs of children under two-years-old or a child with disabilities of any age, such as nappies, milk or wipes and with the additional costs of living rurally.

Now the council want to make sure that everyone who is edible to claim these benefits can do. Last year more than 5,000 people contacted the Team, who were able to help them claim an additional £6.5 million in benefits.

Council tenants can also make an application from the Tenancy Sustainment Fund if they are struggling to pay their rent due to difficulties caused by the pandemic.

They are also helping with advice on how you can minimise your household fuel bills this winter.

More information can be found on www.pkc.gov.uk/feelingthepinch

Or, anyone wanting to talk about the support available can call the Welfare Rights Team on 01738 476900 (option 1).

Scroll to Top