Heartstart Discovery will continue its programme of emergency life support sessions for members of the public across Tayside this month with a further five sessions including one in Perth.
The free of charge, two-hour long session will be held in Perth on the 22nd of October from 10am until 12pm, and teaches the skills need to save a life.
Helen Brady, Heartstart Discovery Co-ordinator said, “We are delighted to be able to offer Heartstart sessions. Emergency life support skills really do help to save lives so please consider registering for a session today. A Heartstart session could prove to be one of the most important training sessions you have ever undertaken. Please come along as you can make a difference. You really can save a life.”
During the session those participating will cover:
- Caring for an unconscious person who is breathing
- Caring for an unconscious person who is not breathing and how to perform CPR
- Awareness of defibrillators
- How to recognise the signs and symptoms of a heart attack and how to deal with it
The other sessions for October in Tayside are
- Friday 14th October – 10am till 12pm in Dundee
- Wednesday 19th October – 6:30pm till 8:30 pm in Dundee
- Friday 21st October 12pm till 2pm in Arbroath
- Friday 28th October – 11am till 1pm in Montrose