This Sunday, the 13th of November 2022 is Remembrance Sunday, the day set aside to commemorate those who gave their lives fighting in the first and second World Wars and all conflicts which have followed.
It is held on the second Sunday of November, the closest Sunday to Armistice Day which falls on the 11th of November and marks the end of hostilities in World War 1.
Both the 11th and 13th of November will see a two-minute silence observed across the county to pay respects to those who died.
People across Highland Perthshire will come together to make Remembrance Sunday.
Aberfeldy Parish Church
- 10am – Short service (20 minutes)
- 11am – Act of Remembrance at Aberfeldy War Memorial
- 10:45am Short service and silence at Blair Atholl War Memorial
- 11:15am – Services at Blair Atholl Church of Scotland
- 11:15am – Service at Blair Atholl Episcopal Church
Dunkeld and Birnam
- Service of Remembrance at Dunkeld Cathedral
- 12 noon – Act of Remembrance at Dunkeld War Memorial
- 10:50am – Pitlochry Baptist Church and Atholl Pipe Band Procession
- Congregate on West Moulin Road outside the Atholl Leisure Centre before heading to the War Memorial, with the procession lead by the Pipe Band.
Logierait Parish Church
- 10am Act of Remembrance at Ballinluig War Memorial
- 10:30am Welcome at Logierait Parish Church
- 10:45am Service with two minutes silence at 11am
- 12 noon – Act of Remembrance at Strathtay War Memorial
Weem Parish Church
- 9:30am to 10:15am Service
- 10:30 to 10:45am Act of Remembrance at Weem War Memorial
- 11am – Service at Dull War Memorial