Perth and Kinross Council have published their list of Warm Spaces, which are designated spaces offering the public a space to stay connected, active and warm over the winter period.
50 community groups across Perth and Kinross have shared more that £111,000 of Council funding to provide warm spaces for residents this year.
Perth & Kinross Council leader Councillor Grant Laing said: “Over the last year, the Council has committed £5.2 million to help families and vulnerable residents through the Cost-of-Living Crisis.
“This support will provide everyone with access to safe, welcoming and warm places whatever their circumstances.
“Some will provide activities; others will serve food and some are just places people can go and visit. Whatever the location, everybody will be guaranteed a warm welcome.”
There are 13 Warm Space in Highland Perthshire, with nine in the Highland Ward and four in the Strathtay Ward.
Highland Ward Warm Spaces
- Breadalbane Community Library, Breadalbane Community Campus, Crieff Road, Aberfeldy, PH15 2DU
- Pitlochry Community Library, 26 Atholl Road, PH16 5BX
- Live Active Atholl, West Moulin Road, Pitlochry, PH16 5DR
- Pitlochry Town Hall, West Moulin Road, Pitlochry, PH16 5DR
- The Breath Project (Aberfeldy Parish Church) PH15 2BH – Warm Space/Refreshments and three after school drop ins a week for 11- to 19-year-olds
- Camserney Hall, Camserney, Aberfeldy, PH15 2JF – Warm space for groups which meet in the hall
- Rannoch Community Trust, Georgetown Hall, Bridge of Gaur, Loch Rannoch, PH17 2QE – Warm Space, Social Activities and Refreshments
- McLean Hall, Fearnan, Aberfeldy, Ph15 2PF – Warm Space for social groups which meet in hall
- Holy Trinity Scottish Episcopal Church, Perth Road, Pitlochry, PH16 5LY – Cosy Café: Warm space and refreshments every Thursday in December and January from 11am till 3pm.
Strathtay Ward Warm Spaces
- Birnam Community Library, Station Road, Birnam, PH8 0DS
- Birnam Arts, Station Road, Birnam, PH8 0DS – Warm space, refreshments, film club and activities
- Tayside Hotel, 51 Mill Street, Stanley, Perth, PH1 4NL (Stanley Development Trust) – Winter Warmers: Warm space and refreshments
- Dunkeld Parish Church, Duchess Anne Hall, The Cross, Dunkeld, Ph8 0AN- Warm space for social activities
Warm Spaces are available across Perth and Kinross with several on offer in every ward in the area.
Anyone who wants added to the map and list of available spaces should contact CommunityPlanningPartnership@pkc.gov.uk
Anyone with questions about the locations or projects should contact them directly. You can find the full list of every warm space in Perth and Kinross at https://www.pkc.gov.uk/article/22930/Warm-spaces-in-Perth-and-Kinross